UNC Charlotte is committed to cultivating diversity and inclusion throughout the campus.
Our campus community is comprised of people who represent the wide breadth of gender identities, sexualities, races and ethnicities, faith traditions, nationalities, and other social groups and backgrounds. All of these identities and experiences enrich the University as a whole. UNC Charlotte strives to celebrate and leverage the benefits of this diversity, and to sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment for all students, faculty and staff.
The Division of University Advancement is committed to:
- Create a work environment and inclusive culture where people feel safe.
- Spread awareness that diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the mission of the University and the Division.
- Convene a Diversity Committee to oversee initiatives, enhance awareness and facilitate outreach.
University Advancement Diversity & Inclusion committee members:
Christina Al-Khateeb, University Events
Josh Englund, Alumni Engagement
Mark Hoover, Development
Sharon Horinka, Annual Giving
Jenn Howe, University Communications
Hannah Jakob, Alumni Engagement
Misty Morin, Alumni Engagement
Brian Peck, Development
Tanisha Sewell, Advancement Operations
Joy Paige Springs, urbanCore
Jessica Yesgosh, Advancement Operations
- Nov. 8, 2019 – Race and Unconscious Bias
- Novant Health representatives Rich Robles, Director of Diversity and Inclusion and Yvonne Dixon, Director of Health Equity
- March 6, 2020 – Sexual Orientation
- Krista Tillman, co-founder of IDENTIVERSITY