Skip to Main Content
Virtual Event Checklist and Timeline
THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT
- Discuss your audience and goals to decide on format for the event.
- Choose platform.
- Select a date and confirm with program participants.
- Contact The Office of the Chancellor if you would like her to participate.
- Add to the appropriate calendar(s).
- Determine need for memento(s).
TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT
- Determine guest list and create mailing list.
- Design invitation – decide what is needed (hard copy invite vs. email invite, reply card).
- Get all approvals needed on the design and verbiage of the invitation.
- Create registration site/link.
- Draft run of show.
- Design program (if applicable) – can share via PDF since event is virtual.
- Begin design of memento(s).
Four to five weeks BEFORE THE EVENT
- Place order for invitations five weeks prior to the event.
- Send invitations (hard copy, email or both) – make sure to test email invitations before sending to guests.
- Order memento(s) (if applicable).
- Approve final program.
- Draft script or talking points for speakers – determine if you need slides shown.
- Work with University Communications on copy for internal and external press releases.
one WEEK BEFORE THE EVENT
- Hold a rehearsal with key program participants on the platform you are using.
- Go through run of show
- Confirm if attendees will be on camera or not. (Webinar vs Meeting)
- Discuss if you will be using the chat feature and how
- Discuss any other ways you will be keeping the audience engaged
- Requests any items needed: backdrop, microphone, lighting, camera, etc.
- Mail memento(s) if you want attendees to have the before the event date.
24 HOURS BEFORE THE EVENT
- Send a detailed email to all registered attendees with the event link and a link to the PDF program (if applicable).
- Make sure AISLE (or whoever is running your virtual event) has the final script, run of show, and/or any slides and videos that need to be shown.
DAY OF THE EVENT
- Have all participants enter the virtual event for a pre-event check in to run through the program one last time and answer any last minute questions.
ONE TO FIVE DAYS AFTER THE EVENT
- Email survey to attendees.
- Email event recording to attendees and those that couldn’t attend (if applicable).
- Upload recording to YouTube/website (if applicable).
- Send thank you to any speakers/staff assisting.
- Send memento(s) if haven’t already done so.